The Vine Dressers
History
HISTORY
In 1891, Captain J.S. Hamilton, the president of Pelee Island Wine Company and J.S. Hamilton & Co., began construction of a three-story building with the stone being quarried from the island. Named the Wine House, it was located on the third floor and the juice was channeled to the five thousand litre oak casks in the cellar of the Wine House.

With Vin Villa Vineyards (1865) already well established, and along with the Wine House, the new century began with a strong winemaking spirit on the island.
Blogger
Questions
Profiles